3/01/2009

Everything goes to Ruin

1·15·09
Was alternative music named so with intentional irony? Because it seems ironic now that a genre so ubiquitous (at least from my perspective) is called 'alternative'.

1·18·09
Beethoven's immortal beloved.
"In the way with A., everything goes to ruin."
-Ludwig van Beethoven

"Frank, give me the gun, we're in a hurry."
"Where is it?"
"It's in your hand."

I'd like to win your favor.
Why is it that my mouth is not allowed to say certain things, but my fingers can?


1·20·09
Big day eve.

"With no fall back for my disappointment, this is..."
"Don't investigate. Over."
"What is shaking?"
"Do you find the weather satisfying?"
"Everything we stole everything we broke everything we bought nothing ever stays the same."
Brace for impact.

1·22·09
Was there ever a moment I could have saved us? Or even a time I could have rescued you?
"Yo Holmes, we're looking for a microwave."


1·26·09
I'm sorry that I'm a pompous, arrogant, conceited, narcissistic asshole, but thats just what I am.
We're always going to want just a little bit more.


1·28·09
Defeat is impossible.
"I hope Satan has a nice colon, cause that's where you'll be living."
Precautionary principle.
Delope.

Throw away my fire.

Truel
Long distance mice.
And where they came from.
Beautiful.


1·29·09
I'll need your mother's maiden name, and her bank account numbers.
Your love will be, safe with me

Compare and contrast:
"So long as there is death there will be sorrow, and so long as there is sorrow it can be no part of the duty of human beings to increase its amount, in spite of the fact that a few rare spirits know how to transmute it." - Bertrand Russell
with
"A quick test of the assertion that enjoyment outweighs pain in this world, or that they are at any rate balanced, would be to compare the feelings of an animal engaged in eating another with those of the animal being eaten." —Arthur Schopenhauer


2·1·09
"Well we're safe for now, thank goodness we're in a bowling ally."
"How'd you get to be so smart all the sudden?
-I had a good day."

Excessive Prominence.
FUCK ALL OF YOU. Any rational being should recognize how completely fucked up circumcision is, male or female.


2·2·09
A new name for everything.
Composition B
If I ever do have kids, I really need to remember to teach them to remember numbers both forwards and backwards.
Free the Facts!
Running the Numbers.

Laughter is a state of mind.
"Whoever invented rope is an a-hole."

Today I learned that more Japanese-Americans (who had American citizenship) died in the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki than did in the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks on September 11th 2001.
"On 8 August 1945, Albert Camus addressed the bombing of Hiroshima in an editorial in the French newspaper Combat:
'Mechanized civilization has just reached the ultimate stage of barbarism. In a near future, we will have to choose between mass suicide and intelligent use of scientific conquests[...] This can no longer be simply a prayer; it must become an order which goes upward from the peoples to the governments, an order to make a definitive choice between hell and reason.' "

Between Hell and Reason.
Everything must be put to fire.
Exception to the rule.
Willing hands.
In the meantime.
A Soviet attack! The business is ours!


2·5·09
No, I won't wait forever.

Life evolved to use a four symbol code of length three, called a codon, to represent amino acids used in the construction of proteins. Could it be that this architecture is somehow more advantageous than say a two symbol code of length five? Or a five symbol code of length two? Codons only code for 20 amino acids, and the remaining 44 combinations are apparently redundant, which might benefit reliability, could this architecture benefit us in our machines as well? Oo, and 8 of the 20 codons are uninfluenced by their third digit...

UAG
UAA
UGA

We don't want a solution because we like the problem.
Revolution insurance.
emotional lability

"I'll finally be able to gay marry a stem cell created illegal alien."
-Jon Stewart

"Live life abundantly"
Pretty things.
Oops.
"Oh you're longing for what you love. Longing for what you love."

We're falling for our own trick.
I will stay for this last transformation.

The religious ought to take note: if you want to start a war between religion and science, fine, bring it on. But honestly, your best strategy for post-war existence is to not sound so crazy, because science will inevitably be right (that is how science works, it replaces any errors it finds with more correct explanations, and in principle it never has any qualms about 'upgrading' to better explanations), and whatever bullshit you spew in defense will only determine what things the survivors are most skeptical of.

Forgetting this means everything.
Someone who will keep an eye open when you want to close yours.
"Well, you played with your emotions and your emotions got the best of you."
Polite euphemism.
Flip you for it.


2·8·09
Science is the poetry of reality.
"I can't die now, I haven't been happy yet."

2·12·09
"We communicate in questions."
This was the worst emergency christmas ever.

2·13·09
Slow down you might be perfect.
Hold on you might be worth it.
Slow down they don't deserve it.
Slow down I haven't learned yet.
Well I miss you my friend.
Will I see your face again?

2·14·09
Smile like you mean it for once.
"I'm willing to start at the bottom and infiltrate my way up."

2·15·09
The strong will take care of the weak.
We communicate in questions.


2·16·09
Circle map.
Lub dub. I need to make more artwork. Lub dub. Involving these things. Lub dub.

What's your worst fear?
Any might be too many.


2·18·09
I'm not good at it, but I can do it well.
We're in the same spot, we're miles apart. I think I'm glad that it's over. I almost remember.
"The past seems prettier through a rearview mirror."
This is pretty awesome.

2·19·09
It's not enough to be complete?

2·20·09
Circle of confusion. I just like the phrase.
Geometry is about the distance between things.
Here are some science oriented tattoos. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

"befuddled by anoxia"


2·22·09
I just realized I am faithful in the 'free market' model as applied to the economic relationships between countries. Our country and their country must agree on what it trades, pays, how it is safe or not, etc.
"only a moment or two of brutal madness"

The plot seemed to trouble children who watched it in test screenings, essentially afflicting the comfortable, rather than comforting the afflicted.

Unbelievable ants.


2·24·09
Nullpunktenergie (German word that resulted in 'zero point energy')

2·25·09
T-shirt idea:
"proud participant of Big Science conspiracy"
I heart death.

2·26·09
I can see the direct result of my effort.

2·28·09
The fitness function for humans is our emotions and feelings! Because EVERYTHING is a feeling.

Respectfully, go fuck yourself.

I don't want to be there when you fall.
And do we have just this one chance that's all?

No comments: